Frankincense is one of the most powerful essential oils that you can utilize. It has overall powerful healing properties that can aid the body in wellness and recovery.
Frankincense is the dried sap of trees in the Boswellia genus, particularly Boswellia sacra. These trees grow in Oman, Yemen and the Horn of Africa, including Somalia and Ethiopia. When dried, the sap is burned as incense and thought to have several medicinal properties. Frankincense producers wound the tree using a traditional chisel-like tool, after which a milky white sap leeches out of the hole, forming “tears.” Once this dries, the hole is enlarged and deepened, after which sap comes out, dries, and is collected about two weeks later.
This tapping process is repeated several times at several points throughout the year, depending upon the region. After the stonelike gobs are gathered, they are put out to dry. The highest quality frankincense is silvery and clear, or with a slight green tinge. Brown-yellow frankincense is the most readily available and the cheapest type.
The frankincense-producing lands in Oman are perhaps the best known and most ancient source of the material. It’s been traded there for thousands of years, and shipped on boats to the Mediterranean, India and China. The Romans wanted to get into this trade sending 10,000 troops to the area in the first century B.C. to conquer and control the commodity’s production. But the Romans never got there, driven back by the heat and aridity of the desert. Even today, it takes 11 hours to drive from Oman’s capital of Muscat into the cooler, coastal hills in the country’s south where B. sacra flourishes.
There are several ways you can use Frankincense for healing, including…
1) Dental Health: Thanks to its antiseptic properties, frankincense essential oil is a natural solution to fighting the bacteria in the mouth that can cause plaque and bad breath. This can help prevent tooth decay and oral infections. Frankincense essential oil can be added to mouthwash and toothpaste to keep gums healthy.
2) Better Cellular Function. The ability to support good health and boost the immune system has made frankincense essential oil ideal for overall health. Frankincense essential oil has properties that assist with healthy cell function by promoting cell and tissue regeneration. Add a few drops to an essential oil diffuser to get your daily dose of cell support.
3) Reduce Inflammation. One of the main components of frankincense essential oil is a compound that acts the same way as over-the-counter anti-inflammatories, such as aspirin and ibuprofen. The anti-inflammatory power of frankincense essential oil can reduce inflammation from diseases like arthritis, asthma, and Crohn’s disease without unwanted side effects.
4) Antidepressant and Relaxant. When stress gets the better of your life, take a time-out with frankincense essential oil. It combats negative emotions and lifts the spirits while balancing mood. Place a few drops in your Diffuser and take a chill or apply a drop to the base of the skull.
5) Anti-Aging: The benefits that frankincense essential oil brings to the skin are endless. In fact, it’s one of the most prominent uses for this amazing essential oil. The ability to revive and rejuvenate the skin makes frankincense essential oil wonderful for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and scars, preventing acne, and healing minor wounds.
To purchase a high-quality Frankincense essential oil, contact me HERE.